Tuesday, February 19, 2008

New Stuff!

Well last week week was very busy for me. I made a bunch of new stuff including this set. I named it the "Stone Hinge" set, mostly because the Evil Sister came in a said "Ooo look at all the pretty stones! Is that a hinge in the back?? YOU should call it Stone Hinge!" . I couldn't seem to get the name out of my head so of course it stuck.
This bracelet was the first piece I made in the set. It was inspired by a really cool necklace I saw this woman wearing at a local art store, hers was done all in pink stones. This made me instantly think of my SL mum. The woman takes girly girl to a whole new level and she absolutely adores pink. So with her fresh on my brain I started making this bracelet. It was originally done in rose gold with only Opals. It turned into this when I decided it was bland and needed a bit more oomph

The necklace mirrors the bracelet in style, it is however quite different. All the pieces feature lots of gemstones such as labadorite, amber, opal, turquoise, lapis, malachite, and jade. Each bead is scattered across the rings of silver that make up this playful necklace.


The earrings in this set are long arches of silver with a single gemstone suspended from the end. The triangle that holds all the seperate arches really highlights the art deco inspired look of all the pieces. Each earring is slightly different to really give this set that artistic feel.

Lore states that when a dragon cries, that it's tears turn to glittering gems that range all the colours of the rainbow.


This was the first of the necklaces. It has an array of purple and pink gemstones that are graduated in colour from a bright pink in the center, to almost black at the outer edge. Each stone ,set in a swirl of silver, is multi layered and faceted for incredible depth and realism. With stone ranging from pink tourmaline, amethyst(in several shades), and plum topaz(in several shades). This necklace will dress up any outfit.


Second verse same as the first! Only in citrines and topazes of many colours.


And now for the stand alone pieces.
Simple elegance, that is the look I was going for in this bracelet. The silver and gold bracelet is a classic that will go with every thing from jeans and a cute top, to an elegant evening gown.



With saint Patrick's day being right around the corner.. I decided to make a necklace to help celebrate this fun holiday. In my real life my hobbies include a historical recreation group called the SCA. The household (if you play a lot of mmorphs think guild) I play with has four leave clovers as their symbol so this piece is quickly becoming something I wear a lot. I hope you have as much fun with it as I do.



Amethyst and Silver.. I love the two together. I was wearing the Dragon Tears in Purple Rain necklace and needed matching earrings so I re textured this pair to do the job. They came out so lovely I decided to offer them to you. I hope you like them as much as I do!

No comments: